I just released the first version of my protein visualisation program 'Procreate'.
You can head over to here and check it out. Some of the features include:
- Highly optimised 3D rendering engine using DirectX
- Suite of display modes including space fill, ball & stick, sticks, cartoon, wireframe, backbone and more
- Suite of colouring modes including element, group, structure, ordinal, chain, electrostatic and more
- Suite of post-process effects to alter the appearance of the scene such as depth of field, depth visualisation and more
- Ability to combine display modes for individual atoms/bonds in the protein
- Processing framework to modify the protein's structure
- Powerful API for writing extensions
- Completely FREE!
Stay tuned for posts on my experiences in XNA, shaders, releasing an application, localisation, automatic updating, concurrency and numerous other topics.